Sunday, April 24, 2011

Proposal Response

It is interesting how the most elemental parts of a personal job hunt are the most difficult at times. Just being able to describe yourself in a succinct and deliberate way is something we do very seldom it seems. Without a job title to use to describe ourselves, it almost becomes what feels like a long reach to characterize who we are on paper.

While I did not enjoy the assignment, I did find it enriching because cover letters and resumes are not necessarily something I have worked on to any degree in the past. I also feel that this is an assignment that should have been repeated multiple times throughout the semester with successive revisions and critique. I tend to gravitate to a militaristic view of conditioning when it comes to skill development. Do it once, then do it a hundred times, and then you will be able to consistently perform under normal circumstances at half of what is your best.

In retrospect I think this assignment was great, though it certainly would take on a whole new life if it were repeated several times over.

No comments: