Saturday, September 29, 2007

Memory Container 2

These are some sequential pictures of making the final iteration. They leave out a good portion of it I know, it was hard to remember to stop and take pictures of stuff.
Cutting out the parts for the box.

Here you can really see the tiles inside the box. I decided to raise them up off the bottom a little bit, as well as bring the corner pieces in some; they originally held the sides on, so I added similar tabs on the outside. Both of these features I scored and mitered so the outside edge would be clean. This box has much better construction than previous versions of the project.
This is the project after adding the red parts and such. You might not be able to tell, but it was just dripping with Sobo glue at this point. The red pieces also penetrate through the sides and bottom of the box forming legs for it. Thus the whole thing rests at a peculiar angle

Here is the final product. The memory is when I made a fool out of myself with my sisters in a nice restaurant when we got drunk, disturbing countless other patrons. I hated this project originally but think it didn't turn out too terribly bad in the end.

No comments: