Monday, December 13, 2010

Salt Lake City Public Library






This is part of my precedent research completed on the Salt Lake City Public Library. It is an incredibly complex and interesting building. I shudder to think what the programming document must have looked like for this project. I learned a great deal particularly when looking at the structural organization of the building. It took a bit of investigation and close examination to determine where columns and structural members were located in the plan, but once they were located the order of what looked like chaos became very obvious.

2 comments:

Zoink1487 said...

I'm also working on a similar project and I'm having trouble finding sources for my claims. Seems you found diagrams and/or floorplans for your presentation. Could you point me in the right direction? I could really use the help.

Thank you.

email: zoink1487@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I second that. I'm doing a library project and would like to use this as a precedent. could either of you let me know where to access plans and/or diagrams of this?

Much appreciated,

snarkitect628@gmail.com