Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Three drawings


This is the stuff on my bathroom counter. This one was a lot of fun to draw, I really like how the brush and shaded wall came out.


For some reason my roommates have this thing with saving every beer bottle and can from which they have ever drank. It's not even good beer either, every box, can, or bottle in this picture is cheap domestic piss, and can be bought on sale at your local supermarket. They even go so far as to save the boxes for their 24 pack... wow. Like the bathroom sketch above, I highly enjoyed this one. It seems I am always looking for drawing material with drama or action, something that touches you and is worth drawing. I suppose in this case the flair and drama were provided by the irony of underage kids with delusions of refinement and taste, saving a whole lot of incriminating evidence right on the living room wall.


I will admit it was very late when this drawing was completed and I wasn't totally into it. It started out with potential to be pretty good but I don't think it turned out like I had hoped. The divisions of the shelves are not equal, and the hatching for the wire frame could be much more consistent. The perspective worked perfectly the way it changes from the top shelf to the bottom shelf though.

3 comments:

Zach said...

I like the bathroom counter the most, you really did a nice job with the shadows and cross hatching- good job of not making it look too mechanical

Kevin said...

I love that first one you did, the contrast is great and it really looks good despite not being all that messy, not sure what to tell you to improve on as you seem to have a firm understanding of alot of the technique already

suzanne cabrera said...

A sad situation with the roommates...

I enjoy each of your drawings...but would like to see a line delineating the floor plane in the beer drawing. It almost looks as though they are floating in space, rather than hanging out next to a wall.